reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

Acne Fall/Winter 2011

  Another crazy week it has been - but now it's Saturday! Yipee! Feels good to take some time to catch up on the collections. I know, I still have to write about some NYFW collections, but Acne really, really caught my eye.







   I've always (as I am sure I have manifested) been a huge Acne fan, and this collection made that statement stronger than ever. I like that the clothes are innovative and fresh but slightly more accesible and basic. On the topic of basics, for example, something like a whtie tee is elevated to the next level  in all the collections.
   For this collection, Jonny Johansson seemed to have started with a base of workman's utility wear. The standard, square shapes were utilised to be transformed into brilliant leather overalls, pants, vests and jackets. I especially loved the blue leather pants - that's where I want to go in terms of pants over this next year!
    The color palette was rich and transcended seasons to be able to be worn all year round. The collection was all about contrast and how harmonious contrast can be. For example, the leather pants embraced with tulle near the ankles represented a mixing of two different "worlds". So romantic the mettalics were with the rosy-red blush colored pants and sweaters. Everything floated around the body no matter if it was a biker jacket or silky pant.
  A fabulous selection of clothes, as always, from Acne.


Acne A/W 11 Women's Main Collection Runway Show from Acne Studios on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment