reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

spring reviews

Ann-Sofie Back Atelje
Ann-Sofie Back Atelje Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearAnn-Sofie Back Atelje Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearAnn-Sofie Back Atelje Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearAnn-Sofie Back Atelje Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
  Ann-Sofie Back is really one of my favorite designers as of recently. Her use of boxy cuts in finer fabrics like chiffon is a little much for me, meaning that it is so much of a good thing it is really quite overwhelming to take at all once. When I saw this collection, I had to experience that shock once again. If you've read any of my blog posts from the past six months you know anything mimimalism is right up my alley. I am so in love with those thin placed gently through that great beige jumpusit and around the low hips in the navy skirt. And I've re-gained some interest in bermuda shorts - the black ones paired with the scuba-tight shirt makes that interest even stronger. I'm always trying to look a little more sleek, and this collection is going on the inspiration board.

Proenza Schouler
Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearProenza Schouler Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear



Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
   Hmmm, where to start with Proenza? Well, for starters, I was not too keen on this collection. For starters, some of the shapes and looks were just rather underwhelming. And secondly, what scared me more, was the lack of the similar Proenza that I have always loved. I am in full support of designers constantly challening themselves and changing their image, but Proenza was just so darn good  when they were more of a downtown, cool brand. Don't get me wrong, the ladylike thing they did last spring was brilliant and so was their latest fall, but slowly I have been seeing this transition to a more sophisticated brand - which actually quite scares me. Still, there were some great pieces (see above) that still give me hope that cool, young rebel is still lurking underneath those more biased-cut skirts.


Threeasfour
Threeasfour Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearThreeasfour Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Threeasfour Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearThreeasfour Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
   Normally, something the conflicts in the Middle East would be a topic I'd be quite sick of hearing about as that is all that is in the news. But, this collection changed that for a minute as it so harmoniously strived to teach a lesson of world peace. The prints were amazing and and so were the shapes, resembling the loose-fitting middle-eastern caftans. And the thought to combine the Jewish star (Israel) that worked so well with the traditional Palestinian plaid (I'm sorry for the lack of correct names, just basing on my little knowledge) used commonly on head scarves was touching. The clothes were dreamy - even uplifting - despite representing such a sad issue. Threeasfour will get more attention from me, starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment