reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

boy-boy-girl



   Boy-Boy-Girl is my way of playing the game duck-duck-goose. It's where you (I) choose elements of a very menswear-orienented manner and pair it with something more feminine, like this tassled skirt at hand. And while this is a subject of nearly written to a pulp, I find that it can always be explored differently in each outfit. Since I'm a product of the 90s - albeit I spent only my kinder years in the latter half of the decade - I  feel this kinship to, say, a plaid shirt strung around the waist or torn up jeans and a pair of retro sneakers. I like that limbo in between man and woman, girl and woman, dressy and casual. I, for one, both dislike and cherish formality in the same breath. Contradiction, people. It's what's for dinner.

1 comment: