reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

Muted





Coat: Vintage, reversable wool one (bought at thrift a few years ago for 45) Sweater: Thrifted
Shirt: thrifted  Jeans: Les Halles given by Trop Rouge  

    This week we have off from school for Thanksgiving and I have immersed myself in the lifestyle of enjoying the fresh air, reading up on this month's fashion magazines, and having multiple outfits a day. I've been wanting a striped shirt for a long time. I stumbled upon this one in a thrift store a few days ago, and it was the perfect amount of flow-y and structured. Also, it's huge, which is exactly what I am in the mood for this fall. Big, billowy clothes. It helped that it only cost me a $1.50, too.
   Today was kind of a lie-low day: I went to the bookstore to look at magazines (Bon has a great issue out, right now...I'm too cheap to buy, so I just spend hours looking at them there), listening to Lykke Li over and over, and collaging. I love the freeness of having friends that live nearby stop in and out to talk or something amidst all the reading and listening to music.
    I have not been satisfied with my blog lately. I've had this hankering to change something about it, but I don't know what. When I first started this blog, I came at it with a very specific, purposeful point. Now as I get older, I feel that it is a blog not just for fashion, but for thoughts and inspiration. Of course I'll still review the shows, but I want to incorporate more simple posts. Instead of posting less but with more content, I want to update more frequently with smaller posts. My blog is kind of a reflection of me at the different points of my life. I guess, as I change, so will this blog. My focus and purpose will change and so will what I write about. Change is hard - harder than one thinks at some points.
    What a mish-mash of stuff that I've written about today, but it feels good. It feels good to just write for no reason, not knowing if someone will read it or not. I am glad I have this endless space to think like this.
Oh, and I almost forgot! I have not done an outfit post in a long time. This outfit was inspired by my favorite Swedish blogger, Elin Kling. The jeans I recieved from the wonderful Christina over at Trop Rouge  . They were part of a giveaway she did with Les Halles jeans. They are so comfortable and  I really love them! Thanks, Christina.  xo Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment