reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

Some More Spring Collections

   I have been a truly horrible blogger, lately. No time at all with high school and such! In the free time that I have sleep is about the only thing that sounds appealing. But, I just had to share my thoughts on some of my favorite collections - or at least ones I liked a lot.

Proenza Schouler


    At first, I was skeptical about what I saw. I just did not see the Proenza-y downtown casual feel that I always love to see from them. But, that was their very point. A polished (but not too polished ) look was later gladly accepted by me. I loved the light colors and shapes they used to embody the classic Chanel tweed and ladylike materials mixed with neons, sheers, and t-shirt-like shirts. More on the sheer, now. The dresses mid-collection were so amazing, the sheer dress hung like billowy slips and the underthings were tasteful and antqiue-looking...nothing was tacky as sometimes a sheer look can be. Another spectacular collection coming from the Proenza-Schouler boys.


Rodarte

   California is always a major part of the Rodarte look, but this time, the journey was so literal, one could just about smell the fresh scent of a redwood forest. With that, Califronia love came in cleaner, more simple separates such as paneled high-waisted pants and little jackets that settled just off the shoulder. This is a step in the right direction for Rodarte. As much as I love the romantic/goth knits that they usually do, I enjoy them directing that in a more focused, crisp line. The colors of this collection were earthy and I especially loved the light, sage greens paired with wood paneling colorblocks that resembled 1970's suburbia. Also, the shoes with Chinese detailing screamed San Francisco's Chinatown - a unqiue hub that was captured in the most wonderful wedge. Oh, and one more thing, nymph/fairy vibes galore. I loved the magic that they could put into 1970's wood paneling by making it more of a let's-go-back-to-nature-and-find-the-fairies thing. Being from and living in California, this collection spoke directly to our home, and all the inspirations were bold and familiar.


Jil Sander



    Raf Simons does minimalism for Jil Sander so well, but when he starts to think about haute couture, his minimalism gets even better. This season, he used the formality of haute couture and the effortlessness of a white t-shirt to create a look for a girl. The question of whether haute couture is relevant came up. The colors were so heavy but the overall effect was light and simple. A young woman does couture while shopping (the models carried pink plastic shopping bags) is a chic and gentle picture. I especially love the lengths of the skirts. To the floor, the skirts went,  and they were sewn to a white t-shirt, which brought youth to the old art form of exclusive dress making. One of my favorite looks was a long, rounded blue knit dress. The shape was amazing, and knits for summer always bring pleasent thoughts. Très chic!

More reviews to come later. For now, pictures via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment