reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

Back to the 40's at Lanvin -a Milan Fashion Week update


Although many designers are going back to the 80's to inspire their collections, Lanvin has gone all the way to the 40's/50's. The collection had little cap sleeve day dresses and little skirt-suits. The clothes flowed nicely on the runway, and draped nicely on the models.

Some of my favorite fashions come from the forties and fifties so, this collection was right up my alley. There are so many different styles on the runway now a days that it is hard to compare them to one another.

One of my favorite pieces was a red skirt-suit. It draped in the from and a sort-of a V cut neck. The sleeves on this dress were also nice, they stopped at the right place on the model's arms. Some of the short cocktail dresses made me picture Rita Hayworth sipping a martini and lounging with her lover.

My most favorite of the pieces was the black jersey jump-suit. It had so much of a retro feel that I saw Katherine Hepburn leaning on a fireplace (as she likes to do in her movies) and laughing heartily with a friend.


BY: Madame Couture (Emma)

No comments:

Post a Comment