reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

This Year In Fashion ---My Opinons On: The Best, Worst, And What Fashion Means To Me


     I have been thinking about writing this post for a long time. First, there is SO much to address, due to this year in fashion and my blog. I thank you all so much for checking in and supporting me.


I have always loved fashion, but this year my passion has gotten so deep. The strive to do well, and be creative is strongest to me now, more than ever. At first, I was just curious about fashion. What is it like? Then, I became addicted…being able to put a name to a shoe or dress, when looking through a magazine. Coming home from school, I NEEDED to look at magazines or read reviews. How could I be so passionate? I don’t know, but it feels so good. Fashion is another world for me that I can escape to. I love it. I have never felt so strong about something before. It feels really pure, and relaxing to know that something I love is only a thought away. Going from jeans and t-shirts to an aceletic mix of vintage and modern. I long for the day when I can have hearty conversations on fashion, with some of fashion’s elite. Thank you once again, for supporting my blog. Also, thank you to Cathy Horyn, fashion critic of the New York Times. She responded to an email I sent her, and she told me to try blogging. I thank her for recommending it. I would be lost without this blog.

Now onto this year in fashion. Shall we talk about the best collections shown this year?

BEST:  



Chanel Resort 2009-2010

Proenza Schouler ss 2010

Commes des Garcons fall 09

Chanel Haute Couture spring 2009-2010

Chanel Haute Couture fall 09-10

Alexander McQueen ss 2010

Celine ss 2010

Chloe fall 09

Lanvin ss 2010

Marc Jacobs ss 2010

Rodarte ss 2010

Rodarte fall 2009

Christian Lacroix Haute Couture fall 2009

Christian Dior Haute Couture fall 2009

Missoni fall 2009

Missoni ss 2010

Prada fall 2009

WEAKEST:


Prada ss 2010

Balmain fall 2009

Balmain ss 2010

Christopher Kane ss 2010

D & G ss 2010

Dsquared ss 2010

Halston ss 2010

Topshop Unique ss 2010

Viktor & Rolf ss 2010

COLLABORATIONS:  


1) Rodarte for Target – so amazing, super 70’s

2) Sonia Rykiel for H&M – 1940s lingerie, sexy, super-cute head pieces

EDITORIALS:




1. The Great Pretender, VOGUE

2. Down with Shame, VOGUE Russia

3. No Smoking, VOGUE Paris

4. Game Girl, VOGUE Italia

5. The Fashion & Fantasy, VOGUE Italia

6. Style Noir, VOGUE Italia



Most Popular Models:


1) Freja Beha Erichsen

2) Lara Stone

3) Natasha Poly

4) Abbey Lee Kershaw

5) Karlie Kloss

5) Anja Rubik



“IT” Designers:


1. Mulleavy Sisters

2. Alexander Wang

3. Jason Wu

Biggest Trends:


1) Velvet

2) Menswear

3) 80’s

4) 40’s



Last Thoughts:


This year has been so amazing, in terms of fashion. The First Lady, has opened up doors for young, new designers. We are so blessed to share the world with such talented people in fashion. The editorials have been wonderful. The collections have been out of this world…literally (i.e. Alexander McQueen ss 2010). Thank you all once again for an amazing year, and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Emma love your 100th post!! Fabulous!!! You are so talented and such an inspiration to all. I wish you a wonderful 2010 filled with love, happiness & of course "to die for fashions"!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete