reach me

  • Instagram - @emmahager
  • Twitter
  • madamecouture@gmail.com

Blogiversary!!

    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. What have you been wearing? I was going to upload some pictures of my outfits, this week but I can never seem to master the process...making the pictures lost in folders of Miu Miu, Chanel, or CdG. Anyway, here are some colors and collections that I have been inspired by lately. Some pictures are old, others new. But, they all can be used as inspiration to form a wonderful look. I hope to be doing some more reviews soon, but these inspiration posts are all I have had time for, lately.

So, I guess my style has been getting more "abstract". Pulling away from liking "safe"  brands like Oscar de la Renta, and Diane Von Furstenburg has been so refeshing. It has opened my eyes to the true unique clothes that make fashion what it is. As much as I like a simple collection, I love to see a million things happening at once. It can be overwhelming but wonderful. It gives that faster heart beat and rush of adrenaline. Really look beyond things that are cute or hot or any of those worlds that girls use today. Look at things that are wow or mind-blowing.
Oh, and it is also my blogisvery!! I cannot believe that I started this blog one whole year ago! I was a 12-year-old wondering how I could share my newly-found-love of fashion. It started as Emma's Fashion, Food, and Fun...then Madame Couture seemed more appropriate because I was only talking about fashion. Thank you so much for following my blog, making it more popular, and asking me for fashion adivce. You turned one Sunday morning's idea into a wonderful place where I share my thoughts about this wonderful creation. I am so happy to have discovered fashion. I guess I always liked it. I used to hike in dresses and always wore heels when walking around town. I never really put writing and fashion together. But when I wrote the amazing Cathy Horyn for advice, she wrote that I should try making a blog. I am so happy that she said that, and I will cherish her e-mail forever. She writes an amazing blog, so please check it out, if you have not yet. Over the course of this year, I have experienced the tears of a wonderful collection, wrote to the people of this indusrty, discovered amazing photographers, and fell in love with all sorts of designers. This is really the happiest I have ever been. Fashion makes me so happy. I love coming home from school knowing that I have a 1/2 hour to relax, surf style.com and read The Cut.  The best birthday presents are subsricptions to fashion magazines. I may not be able to afrford the clothes that I have fallen in love with, but that is OK. I just love to look at them and be happy when my favorite editors or other designers are supporting the designers that made that creation. I feel in some way, a connection to the clothes, I feel that they are mine in the sense that I have given them so much love. This past year has really opened my eyes to new things, to not only fashion, but a better understanding of peoples' passions. It sounds silly but it is true. I feel happy for the people who just love to cook, or decorate. It makes me proud that we share such a love for certain things.
    So, once again, I thank all of you so much. I am so blessed to be able to share my passion with you. Thank you! Keep loving fashion, express it not through the pyhsical items but through art, photos, writing. As Coco Chanel once said: "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses, only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."  This is so true. I am so glad that such a powerful designer (or at least at one time) speaks of fashion in this way. Not just: "Buy my clothes, you can only be fashionable if you buy my clothes." Chanel expressed that fashion is for ALL of us. We can all enjoy it. Happy one year birthday to Madame Couture! Thanks for sharing the journey with me!
 Love and Luck,
    Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment